Are you a goal setter? Can I tell you a little secret?
I love goals!
I’ve taken classes on goal setting, read countless books and listened to dozens of lectures. You could say that I’ve spent years geeking out on goal setting.
Success wasn’t automatic. Once I mastered the tips I’m sharing below, my success rate skyrocketed, and now I help other women achieve their goals one-by-one too.
Here’s the thing you must know. There’s nothing special about January 1. New Year’s resolutions are not any more powerful than the goals, intentions, or resolutions that you set at other times of the year. In fact, only 8% of people achieve their resolutions.
Whether you make New Year’s resolutions or set goals at other times of the year, it’s important to make them bulletproof! Otherwise, the same obstacles that were there one month ago will show up again in a few days.
Below are 5 of my strategies to make your resolutions bulletproof:
- Write your goals down on paper. Only 10% of people write their goals, and of those, over 80% achieve them.
- Focus on 1 or 2 goals. Stay laser-focused and excuse-proof.
- Expect to make some mistakes and have a plan for getting back on track (a plan and an accountability partner or coach is a must!). This has saved my ass this year!
- Be consistent! Work your plan everyday. Practice makes progress!
- Be VERY clear on your WHY. Why is this goal important for you? How will things be different once you’ve achieved the goal? Put reminders of these changes all around you to boost your willpower potential.